Sunday, March 25, 2012

My Guilty McPleasure

These days, I consume a lot more McDonald's than I should.

More specifically, the breakfast item Sausage McMuffin with egg. Now, where I live, they deliver round the clock. Which means if you get an urge at 5am in the morning, you give them a call, and it arrives in less than 30 minutes (unless it's at peak hour, then they'll take an hour).

The problem - if you call it that - with the sausage mcmuffin with egg (with a slice of cheese, standard) is its saltiness. Its delicious, tongue teasing saltiness and the melted processed cheese that pulls the entire concoction into a gooey yummy mess. Yumminess personified.

There is nothing like rolling out of bed and having it for breakfast. Often, I have it alone as J would have gone off to work. Sometimes, I live it up by ordering in for both of us - complete with hotcakes in order to meet the minimum delivery order. And I order him a "fresh brewed coffee" and try to balance out the evilness by having low fat milk or just sparkling water with lime for my beverage.

Guess how many grams of fat there are in the sausage mcmuffin with egg?

27 grams. Yes. Twenty-Seven Grams. It's that darn piece of sausage. The Egg McMuffin (with ham and cheese, no sausage) is 12 grams. Less than Half. You can't find these numbers on the hong kong website, but if you go to the US/Global one, it's all there for you to see. I accidentally discovered the numbers while in the US and have vowed to try to have the Egg McMuffin instead.

So that's what I did this early morning. It arrived almost piping hot, in 25 minutes flat. It was pretty good. But I tell you. There is nothing like the sausage patty in the Sausage McMuffin that consequently doubles the amount of fat and waaaaay more than doubles the amount of tastiness. Maybe I'll wait for J to have it with me next time and we can split the sausage one. What are (relatively skinny) husbands for?



photo courtesy of mcdonalds.com.hk





2 comments:

  1. I l.o.v.e McD's Sausage McMuffin with Egg! Your post reminded me that I haven't had it in a long time...

    ReplyDelete
  2. singapore mc's also delivers 24-7!!!! have it for breakfast soon!!!!

    ReplyDelete